Wellbeing Wednesday - Tips for the Festive Period
Wellbeing Wednesday 16th December 2020
Tips and Activities for the Festive Period
This festive period will be like no other so it is important to prioritise your own wellbeing. Here are a few ideas that you may wish to try with your family or on your own. Some of these ideas may work for you, but not others. Try not to put pressure on yourself!
- Enjoy nature. If you can’t get outside into nature, there are things you can do to bring it into your home. For example, you could watch a nature documentary about winter. Or you could find a live stream from a zoo's website of some penguins or polar bears.
- Get active. You could take a walk to see if there are any Christmas lights or window displays in your local area. There are lots of beautiful advent windows on display around St Albans at the moment.
- Connect with people. You could try writing down your reflections on this year and sending it as a letter to people in your life, and ask others to do the same. This is sometimes known as a 'round robin' letter. You could send it out with Christmas cards, or share it over email.
- Learn something new. Try to learn a new recipe or craft, or teach yourself about another religious holiday.
- Find purpose and community. You may be able to support a local charity or Covid mutual aid group with a Christmas project.
The Mind Charity also have some lovely ideas and activities, follow the link below:
Wishing you and your family a safe and happy festive period.