Additional Targeted and Specialist Support
For most children our PSHE curriculum, Zones of Regulation and Protective Behaviours are enough to promote good mental health and wellbeing. However, there may be times where some children might need a little bit more support for a while. We call this targeted support. We use both school staff and external professionals to support us with this.
- 1:1 Protective Behaviours (in school)
- Wishes and Feelings work (in school)
- Daily check-ins (in school)
- Small group social support (in school)
- School Nursing Service
- Children’s Wellbeing Practitioners Service
- Behaviour Support (St Albans Partnership Plus)
Sometimes, for a few children, specialist support is the most appropriate and we are able to refer to the following professionals. These services have their own referral criteria and thresholds.