Oakwood seeks to promote the highest standards of learning for all, nurturing confident, independent learners who show care and respect towards others.
Oakwood Primary School aims to:
- provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment where children feel safe and enjoy their learning
- provide a broad curriculum and enriching experiences which promote the spiritual, moral, cultural, intellectual development of each child
- nurture the emotional, social, physical development and wellbeing of each individual
- nurture the positive attitudes and skills necessary to prosper in a changing society, including self-confidence, selfdiscipline, adaptability, creativity and determination
- encourage each child to show respect, care and consideration for all members of their community and to take responsibility for their actions
- encourage each child to recognise the importance of responsible use of the earth’s resources and develop an understanding of how we can all contribute to creating a more sustainable society